A second of your life...ruined for life.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Charmadang.

I was listening to the radio Sunday morning, and the DJ said that she was going to play her favorite Cleveland record, and she knew it was about her, and that the band used to practice in the same house that she lived in. Anyway, it was "Suburban Girl" by Gem. I don't know that I would want to claim to be the inspiration for that song, but what are you going to do? Then this morning I had a dream that I moved into an apartment building that was kind of odd in that the individual apartments didn't have their own kitchens; rather, they all had doors leading to a big central kitchen. Everyone in these apartments was guitar players. Robert Quine, probably Akron's greatest gift to music (shown here with Lou Reed)



was in one of them. I don't believe I ever met Mr. Quine...

The guitarist in one of the other apartments was Johnny Phlegm (possibly glimpsable below)



(Addendum: J. Phlegm wrote me to say that he is not in that clip...)

Then Doug Gillard, leader of Gem, moved in...



Once upon a time in Tremont, I convened a group of guitarists for a concert that consisted of Gillard, Phlegm, and Robert Griffin. They were drinking from a pint of whiskey (JTS Brown?) and had a real Status Quo thing going...I know at least one of them has sworn off the stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home